The homesteading life doesn't offer many frills, but we have a good time anyway. We are active in the local arts community and have participated in several craft fairs. We also enjoy alternative energy club meetings, weekly shopping at the Concho Farmer's Market, and homebrewed gatherings.
- Alternative Energy Club – Solar Cook Out
- The sun's heat and light provides us with a sustainable and renewable alternative energy source. Solar cookers provide a way to direct and amplify the sun's energy to heat and prepare food.
- Concho Arts and Crafts Festival
- On Saturday, August 19 Concho, Arizona held its first Arts and Crafts Festival. We gladly took the opportunity to vend our crafts locally.
- Solar Fire Gathering
- A Celebration of the Solar Lifestyle
- Building a Solar Panel
- Alternative Energy Club Project - August '06
- Halloween Face Painting
- This fall the Concho School held a Halloween event for students and I helped with their fund raiser by painting faces for a few hours. I've face painted for the Concho students at several events now, of course it's free for all, so we always have a great time. Believe it or not, one of my most popular requests is for snakes!
- Thanksgiving Printmaking Activity
- This Thanksgiving Concho planned a free community meal. I worked with the kids at the Concho Activity Center to make colorful Thanksgiving placemats. We used several simple printmaking techniques and inexpensive supplies - and the placemats looked great on Thanksgiving!
- Summer Art Camp: Abstract Art & Printmaking Activities
- Art Camp was a lot of fun! I explored several printmaking activities with kids at the Concho school. In this article project details are provided for Making Rubber Stamps, Printing with Styrofoam, and Found Object Printing.
- Local Herb Walk
- There are many medicinal desert plants that are native to Concho and we set out to find them on last summer's herb walk. In this article I list medicinal plants local to Concho and I've included photos of many desert plants we indentified on our walk.