We've built our first barn. It's passive solar design is intended to keep our egg laying chickens and breeding rabbits comfortable throughout the seasons. We already have plans to expand the barn for goats, pig and more space for storing animal feed.
- Passive Solar Barn Plans
- Our small barn is designed to house egg laying chickens and breeding rabbits. We have already built our chicken coop within the barn and have plans to install indoor rabbit cages.
- Chicken Coop Plans
- This is our first farm and we spent a lot of time making plans for our chicken coop and researching how to build chicken coops. As part of the process we looked for free chicken coop plans, but in the end we created our own passive solar chicken coop design. We are happy with our first hen house, as are our egg laying chickens.
- Chicken Nesting Boxes
- We've modified our chicken nesting boxes several times and have finally developed a nest box with dimensions that work well for our egg laying chickens.
- Outdoor Cages for Breeding Rabbits
- We've begun raising rabbits for meat. We've had to build temporary rabbit cages for our breeding rabbits, while we finish the barn and install our indoor rabbit cages. In both situations we will be using wire rabbit cages.